August 13, 2016
Beautiful Sounding Filipino Words
I’ve been seeing a couple of articles about Filipino words that sound beautiful and these words are even in calligraphy that adds to its appeal.
I remember when I went on an AIESEC International internship in Hungary. My friends there would always say I sound like I’m singing when I speak in Filipino. I even brought my friends to the concert of the Loboc Children’s Choir who visited Hungary while I was there and they were even more charmed when they heard songs in Filipino.
And recently, at our Young Writers’ Hangout when we had Aneka Rodriguez as our guest poet to mentor our students, she read aloud a Filipino poem for kids. It sounded so beautiful that even I was amused by the sounds of the words. It turns out the poetry book for kids that she brought is by National Artist Virgilio Almario entitled Buwan, Buwang Bulawan.
There are so many beautiful Filipino words and they sound beautiful too, but here are a few of my favorite gathered from the articles that I read:
Where the Write Things Are is a creative writing center for kids, teens, and adults. If you love writing or need some inspiration to get to write, our writing studio is the place to be. Check out our monthly classes at writethings.wix.com/writethings and facebook.com/writethingsph.
- Creative Writing for Adults: Feature Writing with Jo-Ann Maglipon today, August 13 (1:30pm-5:30pm)
- Creative Writing Class for Kids and Teens: Young Writers’ Hangout on August 20 (1:30pm-3pm)
Venue is at Fully Booked Bonifacio High Street. For more information and fee details, email email@example.com.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.