June 2, 2018
ALL ABOUT SUMMER
Is summer officially over? I just can’t take this heat any longer. But before I say good riddance to summer, here’s a collection of pieces about summer or a hint of summer from Write Things Manila’s annual anthology written by young writers, In Our Own Words.
By Maddi, written when she was 7 years old
From In Our Own Words Volume 3
Water is yummy
I love drinking it
Makes me smilye
Filly my tummy!
Splash, Splash, Splash
Splish, Splish, Splish
All day long
Sploosh, Sploosh, Sploosh
Let’s all splash along!
Water is cool
I love bathing in it
I’m not a fool
It makes me clean and fit!
Water is fun
I love swimming in it
Under the bright yellow sun
With my floating hotdog bun
Splash Splash Splash
Happy Water Day, Forever!!!
By Andie, written when she was 10 years old
From In Our Own Words Volume 3
Green is lucky clovers and fern
It symbolized the love to learn
Green is energy and full of life
A turtle released to the wildlife
Green is nature, calm and free
Frogs jumping joyfully
Green is the color of food
Celery, cabbage and broccoli which are all very good
It’s the color of leprechaun’s clothes
I don’t think he exists, but who knows?
Green is the color of seaweeds
I feel green and pure when I do good deeds
Green is here and there
Green is endless
It has a never-ending presence
Haiku for the Seasons
By Luca, written when he was 10 years old
From In Our Own Words Volume 4
On a winter day,
Small snowflakes dancing sweetly,
Leafless willow trees.
On a soft spring day,
Flowers bloom, softly creeping,
Snow begins to melt.
On a summer day,
Hot days and cool nights engulf land–
On an autumn day,
Golden with extreme pleasure,
Leaves slowly drift down.
The seasons within,
Also change clandestinely,
Snow, sun and love.
Young Writers’ Hangout: Creative Writing Classes for Kids and Teens at Fully Booked BGC
- June 23
- July 7 and 21
- August 4 and 18
Creative Writing for Adults at Fully Booked, BGC
- June 30: Online Writing with Tarie Sabido
For inquiries and registration about creative writing classes by Write Things Manila, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send inquiries here.
Image Credit: ID 23444179
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.