May 9, 2015
A Poem for Mom
Our featured young writer for this week is 10-year-old Cleo Karrell Llige who studies at St. Scholastica’s College Manila. Her poems and journals were published in her school’s publication, Little Bluestockings, when she was just 8 years old. She shares that she dreams to become a journalist someday and be recognized as a New York Times best-selling author. She believes these are what dreams are made of.
She shares her poem about a dear mother just in time for Mother’s Day.
A Deary Mother
by Cleo Karrel Llige
A deary mother always cares
and she is always fair
she cares for us
she dries our tears
and she never fears
a mother yes she is
loving and caring a mother yes she is
she never shoves people
but she acts like you’re a pupil
she’s not a father or sibling
she’s a mother for goodness sake!
Where the Write Things Are’s summer classes for kids and teens:
Young Writers’ Hangout
- Date: May 23, May 30 and June 6 (Saturdays/per class basis)
- Time: 1pm-2:30pm (May 23 & 30); 11am-12:30pm (June 6)
- Venue: Canadian American School Alphaland Makati; Fully Booked Bonifacio High Street (for June 6)
For registration and fee details contact 0917-6240196 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Write Things is a writing center for kids, teens and adults. If you love writing or need some inspiration to get to write, our writing hangout is the place to be. Check out facebook.com/writethingsph.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.