May 11, 2018
A MOTHER’S DAY POEM
A special mother’s day poem was written by one of Write Things Manila’s young writers from the 2017 batch. Andrea wrote this poem when she was 16 years old and was included in Write Things Manila’s annual anthology, In Our Own Words Volume 4 that was published in December 2017.
by Andrea, 16 years old
I’m not good with words
In paper or aloud
But I will still write
Card, bag, and flowers
None of these can say the words
That you want to hear
Though my mouth is shut
My heart wants to sing a song
Only for your ears
I don’t have a gift
But if I could buy you the world
I’d give you the stars
I’m not a kid but
I’ll always be your daughter
Happy Mother’s Day
Young Writers’ Summer Hangout: Creative Writing Classes for Kids and Teens at Fully Booked BGC
- May 12: Story writing from picture books with guest author, Mary Ann Ordinario
- May 19: Poetry 101 with guest poet, Mookie Lacuesta
- May 26: Making characters for fantasy stories with guest author, Gabriela Lee
- June 2: Creative Nonfiction Writing with Teacher Roel Cruz
For inquiries and registration about creative writing classes for kids and teens by Write Things Manila, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send inquiries here.
For more information visit writethings.wix.com/writethings and facebook.com/writethingsph.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.