July 29, 2017
5 IDEAS FOR A HARRY POTTER THEMED BIRTHDAY FOR ALL AGES
It’s Harry Potter’s birthday on July 31st. I’m sure Harry Potter fans know this too well. I saw an article on Harry Potters birthday theme ideas for all ages and I just got so hooked and searched for more similar articles. Yes, I know adults who would love this party theme for themselves. It can be done for baby showers, kiddie parties, flirty thirty to fabulous forty parties (and more)!
Here are five ideas that I would do if I would have a Harry Potter themed party:
- Welcome Wands: I am thrilled with the idea of welcoming guests with a wand that a sorting hat will choose for them. I just want to hold a wand during the party and make me feel powerful even for a few hours.
- Potion bottles as party decor: I must confess I have all sorts of bottles collected over time from perfume, oil, to sauce bottles. This would be a perfect party décor that won’t cost you much. Just put different bottle shapes and sizes together for the party.
- Butterbeer for refreshments: I think I’ve seen all the Butterbeer artsy photos of my friends who have visited The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It is still not yet checked on my places to visit list but for the meantime there’s Flying Cauldron Butterscotch Beer available at Healthy Options. I love the taste of this Butterbeer (perfect for a non-beer drinker with a sweet tooth like me)! Or, you can make your own homemade butterbeer.
- Party games: What’s a party without fun games? There’s pin the glasses on Harry, table pong Quidditch game (a less intimidating kind for non-athletes like me) and Dementor piñata. I’m excited to smack a dementor for sure!
- Salty and Sweet Treats: What a brilliant idea to make golden snitches from Ferrero Rocher chocolate and just add wings; brooms made of pretzels and cheese are just adorable; and why not send off your guests with party giveaway of chocolates which says in case of dementor attack, eat me. You never know you might bump into a dementor on the way home.
Raise your Butterbeers and cheers to Harry Potter’s birthday!
Where the Write Things Are is a creative writing center for kids, teens, and adults. If you love writing or need some inspiration to get to write, our writing studio is the place to be. Check out our monthly writing classes and facebook.com/writethingsph.
Creative Writing Classes for Kids/Teens and Adults:
- Young Writers’ Hangout – August 5, August 19, September 9 & September 23 (1:30pm-3pm)
- Adult Creative Writing Class with Dean Francis Alfar (Speculative Fiction) – September 16 (1:30pm-4:30pm)
Venue is at Fully Booked, Bonifacio High Street. For more information and fee details, email email@example.com.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.