November 22, 2014
10 Things to Look Forward to in Tanghalang Pilipino’s “Prinsipe Munti”
PRINSIPE MUNTI is Tanghalang Pilipino’s Pinoy version of the classic LITTLE PRINCE by Antoine de Saint Exupery.
Playwright: Layeta Bucoy
Puppet Creators: Karilyo
Art and Shadowplay Direction: Teta Tulay
Composer, Sound Designer and Musical Director: Toni Muñoz
Lighting Designer: John Batalla
Director and Production Designer: Tuxqs Rutaquio
1. Tanghalang Pilipino’s PRINSIPE MUNTI will remind us of the simple but noble human values that are lived so naturally when we were little children, but, eventually lose them almost totally when we become adults.
2. PRINSIPE MUNTI will make us dream and work for a better life and a better world, now, and in the future.
3. PRINSIPE MUNTI will make us recognize our own potential to be good (even great) human beings, all for the benefit not only of our own selves but of our loved ones, other people, and all other creations.
4. PRINSIPE MUNTI will likewise make us see our own weaknesses very clearly, but in a most gentle way that we will find ourselves accepting them with all humility. More importantly, it will make us resolve to change for the better.
5. PRINSIPE MUNTI will challenge us to begin to appreciate things and people that we, probably, never liked, or even hated in the past.
6. PRINSIPE MUNTI will inspire us to live simply, and instead, love and serve others unconditionally
7. PRINSIPE MUNTI will give us courage to accept, confront, and overcome the harsh realities of life, including death and separation from loved ones.
8. PRINSIPE MUNTI will humble us as self-righteous adults, and will make us discover and admire the innocence, selflessness, and wisdom of the little children.
9. PRINSIPE MUNTI will help us see how the value of material wealth pales in comparison with the value of love and friendship, both “essential” to human existence, but both “invisible to the eye”.
10. PRINSIPE MUNTI is Tanghalang Pilipino’s contribution to Philippine Theater, the Filipino people, and our one and only country, the Philippines.
November 28, 2014 – 2:00PM | 6:00PM
November 29, 2014 – 10:00AM | 2:00PM | 6:00PM
December 5, 2014 –10:00AM | 2:00PM
December 6, 2014 – 10:00AM | 2:00PM | 6:00PM
December 7, 2014 – 2:00PM | 6:00PM
CULTURAL CENTER OF THE PHILIPPINES
Tanghalang Aurelio Tolentino
Orchestra CENTER: Php 1,000.00 (121 seats)
Orchestra SIDES: Php 800.00 (223 seats)
Orchestra BACK: Php 600.00 (56 seats)
Discounts are given to Senior Citizens, Government and Military Employees, PWDs, and Students. Present valid IDs to avail the discount.
Call TP Marketing at 832-1125 loc 1620 or text through 0905-254-4930.
You may also call Ticketworld at 891-9999 or the CCP Box Office at 832-3704.
Photos from the Facebook page of Tanghalang Pilipino
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.
One Comment on “10 Things to Look Forward to in Tanghalang Pilipino’s “Prinsipe Munti””
Prinsipe Munti | Agimat: Sining at Kulturang Pinoy says November 28, 2014 at 12:04 am
[…] 10 Things to Look Forward to in Tanghalang Pilipino’s “Prinsipe Munti” […]