July 7, 2018
THE NEW PREAMBLE UNDER THE PROPOSED CONSTITUTION
As you may know by now, the 22-member Consultative Committee led by former Supreme Court Chief Justice Reynato Puno announced that they unanimously approved last Tuesday, July 3, the draft Constitution of the proposed Federal Republic of the Philippines.
Here’s what the new Preamble will look like, based on leaks of the 78-page draft, whose final version will be submitted to President Rodrigo Duterte on July 9.
Under the proposed charter, we, the sovereign Filipino people, shall implore God to “build a permanent and indissoluble nation”. We the people shall also establish a society which shall be, among other things, united AND progressive and under a government that embodies our SHARED ideals.
The new Preamble will also establish that we are the Federal Republic of the Philippines.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.