July 21, 2018
SONA SEASON, PERIOD OF PROTEST
It’s monsoon season on this side of the globe. It’s also SONA season. It’s the time when the government trumpets out its accomplishments against the gripes and protest by the different political groups.
I got this idea when I was scrolling through facebook and saw this meme:
You have 3 low-pressure areas threatening to enter the Philippine Area of Responsibility. Yes, they’re not typhoons, just low-pressure areas that carry lots of rain causing widespread flooding, work disruption, and traffic.
It reminded me of the issues being thrown at the President by the opposition. Perhaps because President Rodrigo R. Duterte is still the most approved and most trusted government official in the country (Pulse Asia survey), none of these issues stick long enough to drag him down.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.