September 30, 2018
POWER LUNCH WITH MRT CORP. AND CAMP JOHN HAY’S ROBERT JOHN “BOB” SOBREPENA
Bob Sobrepeña is well-known in business circles as the man who built the MRT and Baguio’s Camp John Hay.
Highly respected in the business community, Bloomberg describes him this way:
Mr. Robert John L. Sobrepena serves as the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board for Fil-Estate Corp. Mr. Sobrepena serves as President at Fil-Estate Management, Inc. He founded Fil-Estate Land Inc and served as its Chief Executive Officer since 1994. He served as the President of Fil-Estate Land Inc. Mr. Sobrepena. He is one of the three founding members of the Fil-Estate Group of Companies. Mr. Sobrepena concurrently holds various positions in Fil-Estate
I had an enriching conversation with him that helped me finally understand why the MRT is in the state it is in today (because the Transportation Dept under Mar Roxas/Jun Abaya did not renew the management contract of Sumitomo Corp.), why he is always attacked for CAP (the College Assurance Plan of which he is not an owner), why the educational pre-need industry fell (loooong story that will shock you!) and, in a nutshell, how to become a successful businessman.
We also reminisced about Baguio and he shared how he is preventing forest fires in Baguio by planting coffee!
Join our Power Lunch by clicking on the video below! 🙂
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.