December 6, 2018
PORK BARREL LEGACY
With former president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo heading Congress as its Speaker, it didn’t take long for the pork insertions to find its way back into the proposed P3.757-trillion national budget for 2019 again. While the media got distracted by President Rodrigo Duterte’s joke of taking marijuana to wake himself up, the Senators are going through the proposed budget and weeding out alleged “pork barrel” insertions.
No matter how much we want change to happen, it won’t materialize if we still have the same politicians in power.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.