August 8, 2017
LIVE: SENATOR TITO SOTTO
Kapihan sa Manila Bay
Hosted by Marichu Villanueva, Columnist & Editor of the Philippine Star
Cafe Adriatico, Remedios Circle, Malate, Manila
August 8, 2017
9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Senator Tito Sotto
Postponement of Barangay Elections, Inquiry vs COMELEC Chief Bautista
This video will be broadcast live on our facebook page and website.
Got questions for the speakers? Send them through our social media accounts.
(Editor’s note: The starting time may change due to scheduling constraints.)
- On the Chairman of COMELEC: We are talking about the chairmanship. The standard is high. The first thing I want is for the chairman to be exonerated and hope that the allegations are not true. This is not a marital problem because the allegations are serious.
- On SALN: What I noticed is that the SALN law is being circumvented. I believe it is only proper that we find a way to be able to amend republic act 1613 so that people cannot circumvent the law.
- Caesar’s wife should be beyond suspicion. When you’re a public official, it is the same.
- We are also in the process of revising the Anti Money Laundering Law: In the case of Andy Bautista, 400k was being deposited everyday. Shouldn’t that have been given a red flag?
- I don’t care if he is guilty or not. It is the national problem that I am concerned about. There were too many allegations that happened during the 2016 elections. Instead of answering each other publicly through the media – mas maganda if they can testify after being sworn to say the truth.
- The husband and wife cannot testify against each other in court. But they can be called in aid of legislation.
- On Faeldon on the shabu shipment: We met the president after he met with Faeldon. We, the senators [Gordon, Lacson] explained our side. PRRD said that he will wait for the committee report out of what happened.
- I am pro life for the unborn. I am not pro life for heinous criminals.
- I filed a bill establishing a national penitentiary for high level drug crime/cases. That’s in case the death penalty bill doesn’t pass.
- We need to find out how the law is being circumvented, only then will we know how to resolve the issue.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
By posting a comment in the section provided, you hereby agree to:
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.
Speak Your Mind