December 11, 2018
PEACE UNDER MARTIAL LAW
President Rodrigo Duterte submitted a letter to both the Senate and Congress to extend the proclamation of martial law until Dec. 31, 2019, citing several hostile groups that continue to threaten the region. Local business groups in the area along with local government units have voiced their support for the extension. Is there a real need for its extension? Who are the citizens that truly benefit from government’s protection? Can the Senate do this and meet the deadline to approve the 2019 Budget before their Christmas break on December 14?
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.