January 19, 2015
On the Papal Visit: Questions and My Answers
I was asked certain questions about the Papal Visit by media. Here are the questions and my answers:
1. If you had brief moment with the Pope what will you tell him?
To the Catholic faithful, you are loved and accepted as “Vicar of Christ”. Thank you for reiterating Christ’s admonition to serve the poor and for reminding us of Jesus’ words when he first spoke publicly in the synagogue:
The spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has annointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor. (Luke 4:18-19).
2. Special wish for the country
We have been proclaiming that we are the only Christian nation in Asia. Time is running short. For once, let us follow the two greatest commandments Jesus Christ gave to all who claim his name: Love your Lord with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind. The second greatest commandment is: Love your neighbor as yourself. We cannot love God and God alone without loving and serving our neighbors, especially the poor.
3. Special wish for the government
Most of those who are in government claim to be Christians. They are visible in government as well as in church events. They get the best seats; they receive the highest accolades.
This is my message: The year 2015 is a crucial year since this is the year before the elections: Don’t forget the Ten Commandments, especially the eighth: THOU SHALT NOT STEAL,and the tenth : THOU SHALT NOT COVET…ANYTHING THAT BELONGS TO YOUR NEIGHBOR.
In contemporary terms, DONOT STEAL FROM THE BUDGET; DO NOT COVET AND STEAL THE PEOPLE’S MONEY!
4. Special wish for the Filipino people
I offer the prayer of Jesus Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane before He was tried and crucified: “I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message: that all of them may be one….”
May all Filipinos finally be ONE!
Lifted from her Facebook post with permission.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.