July 11, 2017
MUSLIM-ONLY ID: VEILED DISCRIMINATION
The moment you try to single out a group of people based on their faith in any community, persecution and discrimination follows. As it is, western communities already harbor disdain and mistrust at any one who looks “muslim” or middle eastern. Creating a national ID that segregates them according to their faith, turns them into unwilling victims of intolerance and religious discrimination.
Is that what we mean by fellow brothers and sisters under one flag, one nation?
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.