November 29, 2016
DBM SIGNS FARE AGREEMENT WITH CEBU PACIFIC
November 28, 2016 – Department of Budget and Management and Cebu Pacific Monday signed a Government Fare Agreement (GFA) that will give government employees discounted fares on official business trips.
Under the agreement, all official travels of government will be granted discounts and waiver of processing fee along with fees for rebooking. In addition, it aims to centralize the purchase of air tickets among government agencies.
“This is a huge step into our goal of getting the highest value for the hard earned money of our Filipino taxpayers. The DBM estimates savings for more than one billion in aggregate discounts and waived fees under GFA,” said DBM Secretary Benjamin Diokno.
As early as January 2017, government agencies across the country can avail the discounted fares through DBM Procurement Service website. The website will provide government agencies a link to open the Cebu Pacific’s online portal and book flights easier and faster.
“We are pleased to contribute to this initiative, making air travel more convenient and accessible to our workforce in the government,” said Cebu Pacific President and CEO Lance Gokongwei.
“We are looking forward to flying more government employees as this will also cultivate financial and economic growth of the different regions and provinces in the Philippines,” Gokongwei added.
DBM together with the Procurement Service-Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PS-PhilGEPS) are exerting effort to standardize procurement engagement and improve ease of doing business for both the government and private sectors.
In addition, DBM will continue to improve the return of investment and seek ways to maximize government resources.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.