March 17, 2015
Aquino Responsible for Mamasapano Massacre — SENATE
The Senate has spoken: President Benigno Aquino III is responsible for the Mamasapano incident that led to the deaths of the Fallen 44.
Sen. Grace Poe, chairman of the Senate Committee on Public Order and Dangerous Drugs, presented the findings of the committee report to the media this afternoon. The Senate probe on the Mamasapano incident began on Feb. 9.
Aquino was found to have assented to the participation of then-suspended Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief Director-General Alan Purisima in overseeing Oplan Exodus on January 25.
Poe: PNoy Ultimately Responsible
Poe said that Purisima committed usurpation of authority and official function for which he may be charged with an administrative complaint of indirect contempt before the Ombudsman for “disobedience of or resistance to a lawful writ, process or order” of the anti-graft body. However, Poe said that Aquinio is “ultimately responsible for the Mamasapano mission”.Poe quoted the president himself as she held him accountable: “Siya na po mismo ang nagsabi noon, bilang Pangulo at Commander-in-Chief, ‘Pasan ko naman po ang responsibilidad para sa anumang resulta, sa anumang tagumpay, pasakit o trahedya na maari nating matamasa sa paghahangad ng pangmatagalang seguridad at kapayapaan’,” Poe explained.“It is beyond doubt that the President was fully aware that Purisima was preventively suspended by the Ombudsman on 4 December 2014, and that Deputy Director General Leonardo Espina was designated Officer-in-Charge of the PNP,” Poe explained.She stressed that the President himself admitted that all communications regarding Oplan Exodus from him to then Special Action Force Getulio Napeñas Jr, and vice-versa, were coursed through Purisima.
“The President assented to Purisima’s unlawful exercise of official functions, and continued to communicate with Purisima in regard the Oplan Exodus,” the senator added.
Poe said that the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) and its breakaway group the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters “murdered and robbed” the SAF troops. Poe said that she hopes that the president would accept his accountability. “The buck stops with him (Aquino). If he can own up to it I’m sure the people would be less confused,” Poe said.
Impeachment for PNoy?
Poe, however, said that the only way that PNoy can be made accountable is through impeachment.
A police operation, Oplan Exodus took place on a Sunday, January 25, 2015, at Tukanalipao, Mamasapano, Maguindanao, between the Special Action Force (SAF) of the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF) and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF).
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.
One Comment on “Aquino Responsible for Mamasapano Massacre — SENATE”
jewellery sets for rent in chennai|artificial bridal jewellery for rent in chennai|bridal jewellery sets in chennai for rent|bridal jewellery for rent in chennai|kundan bridal jewellery sets for rent in chennai|bridal jewellery set for rent in chennai|bri says September 17, 2015 at 8:08 am
Howdy, I do believe your web site could be having web browser compatibility problems. Whenever I look at your web site in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in I.E., it has some overlapping issues. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Besides that, wonderful site!|