May 31, 2016
A Return to DBM: President-Elect Duterte offers DBM post to Dr. Benjamin Diokno
Congratulations to Manila Speak founding columnist Dr. Benjamin Diokno for being offered the Secretary post for the Department of Budget and Management.
More on the offer here.
This a post that the distinguished Professor of Economics at the University of the Philippines has held before. He was the Secretary of the Department of Budget and Management during the Estrada Administration and Undersecretary for Budget Operations during the first Aquino Administration.
Under the regime of President Corazon Aquino, Diokno was responsible for major reforms during the Freedom Constitution such as the design of the 1986 Tax Reform Program which introduced the value-added tax (VAT).
Under President Estrada, he introduced the “what you see is what you get” or WYSIWIG Policy which simplified the system of fund release for the General Appropriations Act (GAA).
Read his column Economic Understanding here.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.