April 15, 2018
THE BIG MAC AT ITS FINEST
I love McDonald’s and I love jewelry so when a designer puts them together I just had to write about it. The designer’s name is Nadine Ghosn and she is making waves internationally with her quirky pieces and her growing celebrity clientele including Beyonce, Pink and Karl Lagerfeld.
Her burger ring, which could be her most popular creation to date, is a stack of rings in the form of the different parts of a burger―bun, beef patty, lettuce, onions and cheese. It is priced at around $8,800 USD or close to half a million pesos.
Though the piece was not initially exclusive to McDonald’s, they were smart enough to partner with her to create a line exclusively for the brand. She created the #blingmac for the brand’s Valentine’s Day contest in line with the launch of the latest Mac sandwich sizes―Grand Big Mac, Big Mac and Mac Jr. (sorry, not yet available in McDonald’s Philippines).
The winner of the #blingmaccontest won a custom ring with 7 tiers of diamonds and gems each representing the ingredients of our all-time favorite Big Mac including its special sauce.
Her latest collaboration with McDonald’s are burger and fries cufflinks, priced at around 880 USD or 45,000 PHP. What makes this even more cool is that a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the cufflinks will go to the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
Her sushi collection is also really cool.
Since I can’t afford any of these at the moment, I will just enjoy eating them at the nearest McDonald’s and the next Japanese restaurant I go to. LOL.
Photos from the Instagram account of Nadine Ghosn
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.