August 21, 2016
Marry Me At Marriott Continues To Showcase The Best Local Fashion Designers
Unlike other bridal fairs out there, Marry Me At Marriott has triumphantly presented something new every year. Whether it is the designers that they feature, a new facility of the hotel or a new function of the ballroom, there is always something to look forward to at this annual event. They truly do a wonderful job of presenting the hotel’s services and giving you a glimpse of what your big day could be like.
For this year’s event I was most excited about seeing the collections of Cary Santiago and Mark Bumgarner because I had never been to any of their shows. I was, however, slightly disappointed in Cary Santiago’s collection because he only showed 3 gowns and I was so looking forward to seeing his creations. It just seemed anticlimactic after seeing the delightful array of gowns from the other designers’ collections. Nevertheless, the workmanship was impeccable, as one would expect from a Cary Santiago design.
My favorite collection of the night was Mark Bumgarner’s. I thought he showed the most variety in designs & I appreciated the flow of his collection.
I liked the modern Audrey Hepburn/Funny Face feel of his designs.
And I really liked the design of his finale gown worn by Joey Mead King.
It didn’t even need embellishments. It was like origami on fabric.
But my favorite from his collection was the Filipiniana inspired cape dress.
Francis Libiran’s collection was all about nudes and his signature laser cut designs. I like that the mix of traditional and modern is very evident in his creations.
Ryan Madamba’s collection offered a wider range of bridal wear, which included flower girl and bridesmaid dresses, short dresses and a pantsuit. He also had a piece that combined what looked like sweater material with a tulle skirt.
Whatever kind of bride-to-be you are, one thing is for sure, with the amount of talent we have from local designers, you’ll never run out of options.
Congratulations to the Marriott Manila team for another successful Marry Me At Marriott!
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.