May 31, 2018
DELIGHTFUL LITTLE CLOCK SHOP IN ROME, ITALY
Another wonderful little store to add to your European itinerary is Ceramica Raku in Rome, Italy. In a busy tourist area, where there are a multitude of souvenir shops, this little space is a delightful break from all that out-of-towner frenzy. The facade is very low-key though that if you are too busy being all touristy you may miss it completely.
What you’ll find here is a collection of unique and artistic handmade clocks. As the name suggests, the pieces are made using the Raku technique.
I won’t get into much detail about the Raku process because I’m not an expert and it’s quite complicated to explain. LOL. All I can say is that it’s a tedious process that, unlike regular ceramic, requires the pieces to go through fire two times in order to get that beautiful metallic finish.
These beautiful, timeless pieces would make wonderful pasalubongs for some of the special people in your life or just to keep in stock for when you need a nice gift for a special occasion in the future.
Here’s a Youtube video from 2009 to give you an idea of what the shop is like inside—it’s still pretty much the same today—but they no longer allow people to take videos inside the shop.
Via dei Pastini, 20, 00186 Rome RM, Italy
+39 06 678 7682
Photos by Centro Raku Roma
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.