August 3, 2017
A VIEW OF YOUR FAVORITE CITY THAT YOU CAN KEEP FOREVER
I love museum gift shops because you find really cool, unique items; stuff you know you can’t easily find anywhere else. One of the interesting things I found during my recent trip to Paris at the Musée des Arts décoratifs gift shop, is theLine. As the company’s byline says, they give you “silhouettes for city lovers”, creating a “skyline” that includes the iconic places in a particular city. The one of Paris includes the Eiffel Tower and the Sacré-Coeur.
They only had Paris, New York, and London in the gift shop but they have a bunch of other cities available on their website including as Tokyo, Washington D.C., Brussels, Rome, and Barcelona.
The pieces are 50cm or 125cm long, made from steel and finished in either black or 24k gold. All you need to do is mount it on your wall.
It’s such an artsy memorabilia of a city you’ve been to or a city that is close to your heart. It’s slightly more expensive than the mugs and trivets we love to buy at souvenir shops but so much lighter. It’s also easy to pack and you don’t have to worry about breakage.
If you aren’t flying to Paris anytime soon you can always go to the www.theline.fr to see a complete listing of their products and retailers.
Photos from theLine
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.